AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some people are so poor.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 11/26/2022 09:57 (#9950650)
Subject: Some people are so poor.....

East Central South Dakota
all they have is Money. Life is such a dynamic experience, whose definition is "constant change". I graduated from college in the eighties and came home to a farm in crisis. We worked ourselves out----at a human cost to the people around me. Today, while not rich monetarily, I have developed an attitude which provides me with a cushion of some comfort. God has given me a second chance with two new Grandkids, and I am not going to screw it up. In my old age I am lucky enough to still have 20/20 sight, but my vision has changed a lot. To you young guys, I have been where you are, and someday you will be where I am. The people of this nation have become so arrogant in our intellect and standard of living we have abandoned our God and his son, who saved us once already. Someday, our sandcastles will be washed away, and despair will bring humility. Some people are so poor, all they have is Money and no foundation to rebuild their castles of sand.

Just to satisfy the market talk criteria, I look for futures to trend sideways to down gradually through the winter months. Grain is tucked away, and farmers distracted--- so December actually might be a good month to do some HTA's in the May and July time periods. Basis is going to be the game going forward, so don't allow your entire grain inventory to be at risk with eroding futures and increasing basis. Sell it in two parts and maybe lock some futures in today and hope for a big basis gain. Flat price cash grain is going to trade in a range, but it will be in the two components of price---futures and basis. I look for a selling opportunity in April, May and June, but if one needs to move grain this winter, December might be the month if your basis bid is strong enough.

Edited by white shadow 11/26/2022 10:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)