AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Interest rate/ economy thoughts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

mikado
Posted 6/24/2022 10:36 (#9719021)
Subject: Interest rate/ economy thoughts

SW WI
My wife is on the local school board. Probably a building referendum coming soon. So talk got around to the economy and would such referendum be supported….or will we see enough pain, that no one supports spending local tax money.

A couple board members work in the banking industry. While they didn’t have a definite answer for time frame….it was viewed that pain is coming. First member relayed a story how family budgets are so tight, that the combination of rising costs, mainly gas, along with the interest rate hike, decimated local loans on housing. Can’t cash flow what they were planning just a couple months ago. Second member asked if any delinquency, yet. First member said no…..second member said they’re coming.

So my thoughts on the interest rate hike. What a complete pooch job with the economy. Didn’t anyone think pumping trillions in, chasing limited supplies would be bad? Yes, several on here did. Does Yellen have her head buried ( Treas. Sec ) to not see that? She was understudy to helicopter Ben but has went on record as saying the 09 recovery efforts wasn’t enough. Economy dragged to slow to long. I think Ben found the sweet spot compared to this show.

And rate hikes….more to it than just money flow. But don’t ever utter the word stimulus for several years and this wave on money just hits the shore and works out. Nope….Powell crapped his pants and is in the middle of overreacting. Sooo…..layoffs, closures and the like. No way there’s a soft landing. If there is, the economy can absorb more than I ever imagined with these chuckleheads at the controls.

All these idiots could use a supply and demand 101 course.

Hey, Joe……what would be the easiest ( theoretical speaking) to bring down gas prices? We all know……but some career politicians, who have never held a real job……just can’t relate.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)