AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Interest rate/ economy thoughts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 6/25/2022 10:59 (#9720472 - in reply to #9720029)
Subject: RE: Interest rate/ economy thoughts

Nw Iowa
Sometimes I think, people get so full of themselves and they think they are above current situation. It happens all the time in business. Somebody that has been very successful thinks they know all the answers but than things change and you have to learn new things. I think it has been going on for a long time with the fed. Trump did lower interest rates or at least pressured the fed to keep stock market strong. It still was working but than throw some black swan events in and a administration that is pushing even more social spending, than the war in Ukraine and suddenly rules are thrown out the window. These same people were calling this transitional inflation up until a few months ago. So while we were thinking last half of last year that things were getting out of control ( just a bunch of us old farmers feeling things were moving much faster than normal) the so called educated ones were sitting back and saying it was just a short term blip. I think the thing was starting to blow up with all the PP money and than when Biden got elected they passed first bill in about 10 days to let a lot of people stay home another 6 months and throw out even more helicopter money, is when country was starting to get rolling again, needed every available worker to be working and it just set us back another 6 months and that’s when blowup went full scale.Than his persistence that everybody get the jab even as it was starting to be apparent that it was not quite as advertised, a bunch more people took early retirement. Thank goodness Biden’s Build Back Better or what ever he called it never made it to vote. So like every thing whole deal not all Biden’s fault, just handled very poorly under his watch.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)