AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Summer crop pospects
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

IALTO
Posted 5/20/2022 09:06 (#9667679)
Subject: Summer crop pospects

WC MN
Looking at latest forecast from Eric Snodgrass, I think we will have a decent chance of 177 or higher.

There is talk of drier and warmer but a small amount of the central or eastern belt has current drought conditions. The western belt and high plains is a different story. I'd say with current situation it would have to get really hot to get us to have a significant yield loss in the non drought areas.

The northern plains will have some PP and yield losses. The high plains are high and dry. It sucks for those people in drought, I feel for them.

Long ways to go but last year showed what we can do with less than ideal circumstances. I think Snodgrass does a great job of explaining things and better yet is not trying to sell anything as far as I know. Someone will be able to watch his forecast and come up with different reasoning than me and I'm fine with that, doesn't mean I'm right and your wrong. Hopefully we can grow a good crop because that's what need right now. My area is currently very wet and cold and basically less than 25% planted.

I think we could have seen the high for Dec corn Monday. The planting progress should have gained a lot since last Monday and the wet weather up north is factored in. Nothing else much seems threatening right now. The drought areas are pretty well known and fortunately are not in the heart of the corn belt, wheat yes.

Good luck to everyone.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)