AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WAAS Change
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/7/2022 06:46 (#9650493)
Subject: WAAS Change

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I got a message from CIH about WAAS changes.

My understanding is that a new WAAS #135 is now in operation. The old WAAS #138 is still operational but will be shut down May 17. So from now until May 17, one could use either.

Systems that are set to use #138 only will fail as of May 17. Systems that are set on #135 only should work now and in the future. Systems that are set to auto will take care of this automatically. Is my interpretation correct? .

Yesterday I decided to look into this on my Trimble 750. Mine was set to auto so I hope I'm fine. My chart on the Trimble 750 seemed to show #138 as "Heed Health" which would seem to make sense.

The Chart showed "No" beside #135 which I thought was to be operational also at this time. Maybe #135 has been purposely blocked on my unit by a previous owner.

The WAAS indication was fine and the tractor steered fine.

I would like to think that since some other WAAS numbers show Heed Health that things will continue to work after May 17 without any changes on my part.

The part that is confusing me is that the Chart showed "No" for #135 but I thought it would have shown "Heed Health". Maybe #135 has been put on a "Do not use" list so to speak by the former owner of the system. If so, I might need to take it off that list so that it could be used when #138 is shut down?

Edited by tedbear 5/7/2022 06:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)