AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finding the right gps
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

StxPecans
Posted 4/26/2022 09:40 (#9632845)
Subject: Finding the right gps

Well I need to get somthing to keep track of my employees spraying. I have asked in here before and learned alot then. But still have questions.
I farm pecan trees and that is the main use I will use the GPS for. We use a blast sprayer to spray each side of the tree row so essentially you are driving down each row twice. Not sure how that will paint a coverage map. But I was thinking just make the implement offset to what ever side we spray on.

Anyways most importantly which one to get. CaseIH came out last year with a fm250 and gs25 antenna I may be wrong on these names and numbers but it was the previous years screen and antenna with no gyro. Now they say they can only get a new gfx750? And an antenna with the gyro built in. They have not called me back 2 days later with avaliablity and price. But I do know I get good signal in full canopy from them coming out and testing. And free wass signal was plenty accurate.

So stumbled on to a teejet matrix 908. Seems like it would do what I need, offered by a large company that has always been easy to deal with and can have one on my front porch quick.
I want to add autosteer one day I think and looking at teejet the electric gear driven autosteer is like $7,000 bucks. That got me thinking. Which company had the best deal for the whole package?

Teejet salesman said I could save each tank of spray as a job and export data to a computer based mapping software and check to make sure no rows were skipped. Also should be a start time and a stop time for each job and a distance covered and I should be able to calculate speed to make sure my operator was not going over the max speed for the spray (about 2 mph normally). Trying to eliminate workers catching a gear to get done faster and resulting loss of crop, or skips.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)