AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Quit taking vitamin supplements????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 7/25/2021 08:44 (#9128210)
Subject: Quit taking vitamin supplements????

Pittsburg, Kansas

I have watched a few videos of this doctor but do not follow her regularly. This old (2014) video is a rebuttal of a meta analysis promoting the idea that taking vitamin supplements are useless and may be harmful.

I am a believer in the scientific method and scientific studies in general. But that does not mean all of them are useful, are done correctly, or are correct in their professed findings. Caveat emptor.

I think this is a good presentation to make a point to not base a persons health information on headlines. Headlines sell newspapers and produce clicks on the internet. But because it made headlines does not mean the information is correct.

Considering what we have learned from the current virus problem, I think the meta analysis would definitely be wrong concerning supplementation of vitamin D and C. The point of this post is to embrace scientific studies, but a lot of them come up with wrong conclusions. That is why science is an ongoing of questioning the established theme. It is about discovery and questioning, not consensus.

Dr Rhonda Patrick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u8UdZeOhc

Edited by John Burns 7/25/2021 08:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)