AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Repowering Kiddie Battery Car
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/1/2021 09:08 (#9036521)
Subject: Repowering Kiddie Battery Car

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The local small town had their junk clean up day last Saturday. As I drove by a friends place I noticed a battery powered Fisher-Price car in their pile. It was well used but basically complete. I called and asked if they minded if I took it. The lady said no problem. It was owned by their son for his kids who had outgrown it. She said she thought it actually just needed a battery. I took it home.

I have some Milwaukee tools with the Milwaukee batteries that I believe others have used to "repower" rigs like this. I happen to have bought a generic adapter for the Milwaukee batteries that I haven't used for anything yet. My plan is to use it with one of my Milwaukee batteries for a trial.

I don't have any of the original batteries. My guess is they were 12V? I thought I had read that the Milwaukee's work OK in the battery cars but may produce "too much" speed. If so, there would be ways around this which might be as simple as a small block of wood under the "go pedal".

Like most of these cars, the rear tires are well worn. Another friend said he retreaded the ones for his kids with Duct Tape. Another guy said he cut some strips of some old roofing material and used sheet metal screws for his retread.

Any advice or tips would be appreciated. Being an old bachelor I don't have any young kids around but I have several great nephews and nieces who have children that might like to drive it if they come over.

A bit of a coincidence. The battery car is supposed to mimic a Cadillac Escalade. My GF bought a real Cadillac car from the same party. Now we both have Cadillacs. Hers is powered by a NorthStar V8, mine may be powered by a Milwaukee. The price was right for mine.

Edited by tedbear 6/1/2021 09:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)