AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Airline marshals on flights
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bruce NW Ia
Posted 3/14/2014 09:18 (#3753098)
Subject: Airline marshals on flights

Cherokee County, Northwest Iowa
OK, we got the random TSA pre-checked approval thing figured out. How about this one? Many winters ago, wife and I had some airline bonus miles to burn up and a few extra dollars, bought first class tickets to Hawaii. Before take-off from San Francisco, stewardess asks gentleman who is sitting in either the first or second row (I forgot) on the aisle if he would be willing to switch seats with someone else, so some couple could travel together? He very politely but very sternly declined. Didn't think too much about it, until after we had landed in Kona, and I saw this same gentleman had some local security guy off to the side of the airport far enough away that no one could hear the conversation, but anyone could tell that the guard was getting a royal butt-chewing. Airline Marshal? Does the captain of the airliner know that he has a marshal aboard? Do the stewards/stewardesses know? Maybe she knew, but had to ask anyway to put on a show? How many marshals in the U.S. system?

On trip home, we just happened to be walking down some hallway with an airline pilot, I quickly relayed what I had seen and asked if he thought that gentleman was an marshal- he winked and said "Have a nice flight" and moved on.

Regards, Bruce.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)