AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Things to see between PA & IA
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

koskid
Posted 6/24/2012 21:59 (#2447890)
Subject: Things to see between PA & IA

Marengo, Iowa
We are traveling back home, with our travel trailer, to Iowa after spending 2 1/2 weeks in the New England states. Today, we traveled from Schenectady,NY. to Bloomsburg, PA. I finally got to see some row crops and grains growing, but no straight roads yet. We plan on heading west tomorrow via. I-80 and spending a day or two at the Corps of Engs. Mill Creek Campground in the Berlin Lake area [from I-76].

Any suggestions on things to see or do would be welcomed. From Berlin Lake, I'm looking at taking US 224 to Ottawa, Rt. 15, Rt. 813, and Rt. 14 to Fort Wayne, IN. then following Rt. 14, west of Fort Wayne and working my way to Kankakee, IL.

As you can see, I'm trying to miss the major metropoliton areas. I had my fill of them on the first half of the trip going east to New York City and Boston.

We have accomplished (with flying colors!) our main goals of this trip, which were to experience New York City, Boston, and North Conway, NH., where Nancy worked as a baker in a upscale lodge 50 years ago (it's still operating, under a different owner & name - Darby Field Inn).

Thanks in advance, Larry
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)