AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD Performance monitor for 6615 Diagnostics...?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 2/14/2012 14:36 (#2228161)
Subject: JD Performance monitor for 6615 Diagnostics...?

South Georgia
I have a (wretched) 6615 that I've asked a few questions about here in the past. The 3 point hitch has given trouble on this machine in the past, and I've apparently fixed it by replacing the hitch position sensor. Now the hitch seems to work correctly, but I have to keep the max height limit set about midway, otherwise it continues to try to raise. I was told here that I needed to calibrate the new hitch position pot., so I just bit the bullet and bought the service manual. Okay... I learn in the service manual that I can't access the codes and whatnot on this machine through the dashboard display, I have to have a 'Performance Monitor,' PN. RE200690. Sheesh... Sure am glad we saved all that money buying this 'cheap' tractor... Anyway, I see a 7000/8000 series performance monitor for sale in my price range, PN RE60389. Is this the same part, just not in the handy 'case' to hold it by? I.E., will the diagnostic harness plug into this perf monitor the same as the RE200690 one?

Yes, I know I'm in over my head, but it's been to the local dealer a number of times, and all it's done is cost money, and they have never 'found anything' wrong with it. I'd rather do it myself if it's at all possible.

Thanks for any help.

Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)