AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Research Project - Need help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

agrgaboy
Posted 12/5/2011 11:35 (#2085512)
Subject: Research Project - Need help

Dillon, SC
Hey guys, I need some help with a research project that I am doing (Master's program.) I am trying to come up with some idea of a number of current users of mobile technology (smartphones, tablets) to help make better decisions on the farm.

I am also wanting to know how many of you guys think that you will adopt some type of mobile technology in the future to help you make better decisions on the farm.

I have been doing research on this for several months now and have found some very interesting things mainly through this talk forum. I have found the list of apps on Android that pertain to the agricultural industry and have found several to be very informative and useful. I have been impressed with the ingenuity that has already come out in the mobile technology field concerning agriculture. I have found that information is power and information at your fingertips is "instant power." My initial thoughts on these questions are that there are many already using mobile technology to enhance their decision making (weather radars, commodity indicies, apps - grain shrinkage calculators, fertilizer formulators, tank fillup calculators), but I also get the notion that there are still many out there that do not use mobile technology, but think that it may be useful in the future.

I'd like to get your thoughts on the subject so that I can put real numbers and real thoughts from other producers into the analysis.

Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)