AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

giving Titan tires credit when it's due
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jd8850
Posted 6/5/2011 15:43 (#1806372)
Subject: giving Titan tires credit when it's due

Roseglen, North Dakota
In the past, I have been as vocal as anyone in my rants against Titan whenever the name Titan/Goodyear came up on this site. I felt my disgust was justified as we had 2 sets of new Goodyear 620/70-46 fail within 300 hours on our 4920/4930. We finally just gave up on their tires and switched to some used Firestone 710/70-42's (had to buy new rims).
But still not missing an opportunity to give Titan a tongue-lashing on AgTalk, imagine my surprise when I got an e-mail from Titan's Product Engineering Manager (Scott Sloan) asking if he could meet with me to show me their new/improved tire and try to work out an adjustment on our 1 1/2 year old Titans. I said fine, he jumped in his pickup and drove 700 miles 1 way to our farm. He had brought a long a cross-section of their new Goodyear 824, explaing the new manufacturing process which is very similar to Firestone/Michelin.
I showed him our old tires (which hadn't been used for 2 years because we were afraid they would blow out), he took some pics, and offered to trade me in to new tires for the price dif between 620/70-46 and 710/70-42 and pay the mounting fees as well. I was satisfied and impressed.
Only time will tell if their new tires are going to compare to Firestone/Michelin (I will tell you more after running these tires 2-3 years!) but I felt they showed an honest effort and are trying to correct Goodyear's bad name/product as well as Titan's. Sorry so lengthy.
Special thanks to Gary Hemming @Titan also.
Titan does read AgTalk!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)