AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much N do you apply?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Farms With CASE
Posted 6/9/2010 22:24 (#1230880)
Subject: How much N do you apply?

North Liberty and South Bend, Indiana
Due to an unfortunate circumstance I have had the job of planting all 1800 acres of corn and soybeans this year rather than just the soys. Quite the task with the wet weather but it is all done. Been around long enough to know almost all I need to know but not long enough to know it all! So, how much N do you apply total and at what points of the season? We are no-til and nothing is broadcast of sprayed on. I put on 150 lbs of 16-20-0-4 and 0.1 with the planter. Assuming I remembered the recipe correctly the 4 is sulfur and the 0.1 is zinc. Beside the point anyways. So basically I have 24 lbs of N with the planter correct? And the little sidedressing I have done so far appears that I am putting on 33 gals of 32% or another 115 lbs of N roughly for a total of almost 140 lbs of N. Plus some carry over from the beans, all but 20 acres are into bean stubble. Ground varies from sugar sand to black sand to clay sand to muck to red, blue and yellow clay! We averaged 160 bpa of dry corn last year so I am shooting for at least that on the sand and close to 200 on the clay and muck. Am I in the ball park or should I adjust up or down? Clay was seeded at 31K and sand at 27K so the plants are there and so is the water for now! Thanks in advance!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)