AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Computer constantly rebooting, help!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 3/30/2009 18:31 (#662521)
Subject: Computer constantly rebooting, help!

South Central Kansas, Harper County
I have Windows XP home edition on this particular computer. I was trying to install "APEX". During the process of installation, I received a message saying that in order for the program to function properly, I must have "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express" on my computer, do I wish to download now, I selected yes, and the SQL program downloaded successfully, but upon installation, the screen went black, and the computer rebooted. Now, it reboots, goes to my initial screen, stating how much ram, memory, ect, plus gives me the option of selecting "DEL for setup, "ESCAPE for boot options", then goes into the Windows XP icon, then switches to "windows starting up", then reboots and starts the process all over again. I tried the F8 key when restarting the computer, and it looks as if it will let me into SAFE mode, but then the Windows xp icon screen comes up, then "windows starting up", and back to rebooting. Any ideas what I can do to solve this problem? I imagine I can reload windows, but hate to lose all my information on my harddrive, or will I lose that with a re-install? Patiently waiting for some help, from someone more computer savy than I(which isnt saying much
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)