AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 9/17/17*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 9/17/2017 08:53 (#6252864)
Subject: *****Weigh Ins For 9/17/17*****

Good Sunday Morning. A little rain overnight with maybe more predicted tomorrow. Not much, but I was hoping to not have to drag out the sprinklers for the lawn. I don't like my grass getting brown. I know, I know, all you crop guys could care less about grass when you have your crops to worry about. Sorry, it is just my thing keeping the grass nice.

Dave has been gone since Wednesday at a convention. He volunteered for kitchen duty, washing pots and pans. Will have to make sure and check his hands when he gets home and see if they are clean. I don't think the guy ever had really clean hands.

The guys have been doing some bagging of corn silage. Not sure what will happen with the low ground corn that looks the worst that I have ever seen it. Wonder if it has any ears on it and if it does, what do they look like.

So it is now apple season. What is your favorite kind of apple to eat. I hit the lottery the other day when I went to Madison to the big grocery store. They had Paula Red apples, which are an early apple that is good for applesauce and of course any apple pie or crunch. I bought 10 bags, at $2 a three pound bag. That is a good deal. I gave a couple bags to my mom. I have a slicer/corer and put some bags in the freezer, all ready for those last minute desserts that you need to take some place. The rest will be made into sauce. Now for eating fresh, I love the Honey Crisp as long as they aren't picked too green. A good apple is something that is good to take along when you are doing your fall harvesting.

So what is the scale showing this morning? I am still working on the little gain from vacation. Need to get more walking in. Dave of course, didn't weigh in.

Have a good week.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)