AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze planter on JD2600 screen?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

deeretech14
Posted 7/30/2017 21:35 (#6158462)
Subject: Kinze planter on JD2600 screen?

SW Ohio
I have a 2009 model 12/24 Kinze 3600 planter that is currently running off a KPM3 monitor. For next season, I would like to be able to run it from my JD 2600 screen that I am using to run autotrac. As I understand it, there are 2 ways to do it and I'm not sure which one will work for me.

1. Change Kinze to ISO. I think this is my preferred option to keep resale value of planter. The way I understand it I would need a computer module from Kinze and some wiring harness. I'm not sure the 2600 will handle this from what I have read. Hopefully someone can clear this up for me.

2. Change Kinze seed tubes and planter harness to make it think it is a JD planter with seedstar module(s). I wouldn't mind going this route as I do like the layout of JD seedstar XP. I have a 1775NT with Seedstar XP that I am familiar with. It would be one less system to know how to run. With my 60 yr old father helping me, simpler is better.

3. Trade Kinze and tractor for a 1790 and bigger tractor. Yeah, right, on sub $4 corn and sub $10 beans? I know everything is pointing to a stronger market this year but gotta go on planning like it won't be there.

I like my Kinze planter, I just want my record keeping, monitoring, and steering control in one device. I have no interest in ag leader or any other system to do this, I need to do it with my JD equipment.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)