AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze planter on JD2600 screen?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 7/31/2017 12:32 (#6159373 - in reply to #6159073)
Subject: RE: Kinze planter on JD2600 screen?

Missouri
Whether or not the ISO takes a full page is up to the hosting display. I know a 2630 does not split screen it. I cannot say with certainty, but I have strong doubts that a 2600 would do this.

To use a rate controller will mean you will have multiple implement devices connected to the IBBC. While Ag Express makes a tee cable for this purpose, I have seen using it sometimes cause communication issues (rarely, but does happen). ISOBUS is a CANbus application, and using a tee cable makes for two long branch lines on a system where the spec calls for the wiring to be one continuous bus from front to back. I've seen enough people do it to believe it is generally tolerant of this, but in a strict interpretation of the spec I believe this would technically be considered out of spec wiring.

Most people running a JDRC (John Deere Rate Controller) put the JDRC on the Y in the tongue. I'd think the best way to combine that would be to tap into power at that point, and extend the ISO CAN out from the terminator at that point to the Kinze ISO PMM. There's no reason it wouldn't be technically doable, but will require a custom made cable. You would have to check with them to be sure, but Ag Express can probably accommodate that if you choose to go that route.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)