AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

853 Row Head broke...need help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

trakman
Posted 10/27/2008 22:11 (#492256)
Subject: 853 Row Head broke...need help

Central Kansas
Right at dark this evening, one of the 8 rows of gathering belts quit moving. Found that the tip of the drive shaft where the drive coupler bolt goes through had broken off at the bolt hole. Short of tearing it completely down as it is the shaft next to the last one next to the middle, any way to "jury rigg it" to try to get by untill the next rain event? Gave some thought to sliding the good shaft over that is not broken and using the coulper to couple it to 4 good rows, in other words, driving 5 rows off one side and 3 on the other. Do you think this would work or the other thing I though about trying to do was "offset" the drive coupler so the broken end would be farther inside the coupler but then the problem arises that I don't have a way to secure the floating shaft as the coupler would slide off the broken shaft because there is no hole for the bolt.

Sorry, I know this is about as clear as mud but can't explain it any other way. Looking for simple time saving fix! Given the history of the weather, we don't seem to get many good harvest days.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)