AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Outback Edrive on JD 7800?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 5/29/2008 19:49 (#387218)
Subject: Outback Edrive on JD 7800?

South Central Kansas, Harper County
I just today got around to installing the Edrive on my JD 7800 tractor I use for planting!(only have about 3-4 days of planting left, but rain delays let me work on it today). For those of you with the Outback Edrive I have a few questions. I was doing the steering test, right and left, and never could get the wheels to turn all the way completely in either direction. I could always turn the wheel about a half a turn once the Edrive stopped moving the wheels. Technicians at Outback did not know why it would react this way, so they had me do a driving test with the A-B lines to see if it would steer straight. Hydraulic flow is set at 3 complete turns out from fully closed(I tried everything from 2 turns out up to 4 1/2 turns out, and 3 complete turns seemed best). Tractor steered very straight from what I could tell, never going off the yellow lights, no green, no red. Front of tractor did move back and forth a bit, but it wasnt shaking me in the tractor seat. Seemed to want to pull to the left, but would keep a straight course. Sensitivity was set at High on the S2 and 10 on the Edrive, but I ended up moving the sensitivity to the medium on the S2, which seemed to smooth out the front end a bit. I have always had my antenna on the front of the tractor for the past 3-4 years, with good results, but I noticed the Edrive instruction booklet stated to have it on the front of the cab for my JD 7800 front wheel assist tractor. Any comments on the antenna placement, or how I may get the front of the tractor to smooth out a little more and not move to and fro?
thanks,
Jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)