AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Conceal & Carry Pistol: What do you Carry?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Burgess159
Posted 1/28/2013 19:17 (#2856729)
Subject: Conceal & Carry Pistol: What do you Carry?

Troy, Missouri
Ok, I'm taking another poll. Did one last week on the Machinery Forum about diesel truck fuel mileage. This time, I am contemplating another highly talked about subject on here: Firearms. I have been tossing around the thought of getting my CCW permit for some time now. I really started thinking about it when I purchased a laser from Crimson Trace for my full-size Smith & Wesson M&P 45. Thing is however, full size pistol isn't very concealable, as it's a "Full-Size" pistol x] . Also, 5 days out of the week I drive a company truck and am not sure if I can carry a pistol in it even with my CCW permit. Will have to investigate further there. But what I want from you all is your opinons on CC type pistols (or revolvers). What do you carry when you're out there day-to-day? Why do you like it?

If I had to choose one right now, after looking at what I've seen, I believe my first choice would have to be the Kel-Tec PF-9. One of the smallest overall (length, height, barrel length, and weight especially), but not so small that I would feel uncomfortable with it. It is rail equipped so I may possibly be able to take that laser from my Smith and attach it to this one. Fire's 9mm, which I feel would be easier to handle than something in .45 ACP and cheaper to shoot also. Review from American Rifleman stated at 25 ft. it had a very nice (1.75 in. grouping w/ Hornady ammo. Don't remember the specific round). But what do you think, anyone out there who has experience with this gun?

Also contemplated the Colt .380 Mustang Pocketlite and Sig Sauer P238 in .380 as well but they're a bit pricey and I'm not sure what I think of the .380 ACP round.

I appreciate all input! Thanks in advance.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)