AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jim's post and garvo's
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

IL cow man
Posted 10/8/2012 21:35 (#2630637)
Subject: Jim's post and garvo's

Buffalo IL
I must apologize as I have not read all of the posts by others. The post by Jim is correct in many ways , but you have to understand other countries are trying to protect their own markets. The reason some countries have not endorsed GMO products is to prevent or decrease the availability of the importation of US ag products since they can not compete with US products. It goes the same with meat products in trying to find problems that can give them a reason to be able to sell less affordable products. Free trade is great for countries with great abilities to supply lower priced supply to other countries consumers, but isn't great for those countries suppliers of the same product. It is the same situation with cheap labor, lower worker protection, lower environmental controls etc. Countries are not working with the same rules. There is unfortunately politics in everything and politics is basically trying to find something to cry wolf about right or wrong and make an election issue about it. Garvo is right too in sharing what has failed and what he has done to change it and not continue making the same mistakes again. I myself can write a whole book of what has not worked and think similar to Garvo in that it is best to help others not make the same mistakes we have made. The thing to remember and point out to all is we have the safest food in the world, the best quality in the world, and we are getting even better. There is a reason why the average age of people is increasing and it isn't from US food poisoning the population. Most of our health issues in the US are now relating to lack of physical activity and over consumption and not unsafe food.

Edited by IL cow man 10/8/2012 21:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)