AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

getting ready to build a new compressed air system in the shop. anything else I should consider?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mdnelson86
Posted 8/8/2012 11:53 (#2528170)
Subject: getting ready to build a new compressed air system in the shop. anything else I should consider?

Paxton, IL

Well my ancient air compressor finally died the other day.  I've been looking at getting a new compressor and am about ready to pull the trigger on a new Quincy.  I want to make sure I do this right since I'm using a lot more air tools these days that require a lot more air than my dad and grandpa are used to. 

I'm thinking about using the Rapidair Maxline 3/4" kit as a main line and running 1/2" drops.  Any comments on that or something else I should consider?  The compressor will sit in a machine shed next to the shop and I will run 1 line east about 40' with 2 drops on it to work on equipment outside.  Another line will run west into the shop and will have 2 or 3 drops on it.  At the moment I'm not planning on running a closed loop due to the increased cost and hope that 3/4" line will give me all the capacity I need.  The biggest air hog I have right now is my IR 3/4" impact, but who knows what might be around in the future.  Any thouhts on the best place(s) to put a drain(s)?  Anything else I should consider on how it's installed?

I want to do this 1 time and do it right so it's not something I have to revisit in a year or two.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)