AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm pickup ? what would you do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 7/22/2012 23:06 (#2500816)
Subject: Farm pickup ? what would you do?

Saronville NE
Ive got a 01 2500HD with the 8.1 really like the pickup but mileage has gone to total crap, have been in replaced MAF sensor, and 02 sensor, hasnt changed anything, with $3.50 gas an 8 mpg gettin kinda pricey to drive, thinking of replacing it, my question is this would you buy a used halfton to make into the work pu or turn my good pickup into my work pu its a 2011 F350, slap a FB on it and go, no matter what I do, it will get a FB put on it. Mainly gets used to drive around in checking irrigation, cattle, hay fields etc. Pull a small trailer to haul our Ranger on and a 500 gal fuel trailer, that is 90% of the pulling it does, occasional stock trailer, and fert trailer but usually use my good pu for that. The biggest thing is on my FB we carry alot of weight, portable air compressor, CPL toolbox full of tools, several oil jugs, another toolbox full of parts that are common for the season we are in, a torch, etc.Carried alot of the same things in a 97 half ton before I got the 8.1 and got along fine. I just dont know if I want to trash a new pu, thining a used halfton may be a better way to go. What would you do?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)