AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Semi steer tire help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 7/20/2012 22:38 (#2497379)
Subject: Semi steer tire help

KY

Have had a vibration that seems to be in the front end and trying to track it down. I hit a railroad crossing that was a little rougher than expected, and this vibration showed up right after anytime you go over 55. It's not steady, but frequent, on for about 2 secs then off a sec or so then back. Never changes. Seems to be nearly the same with or without a load. There is a "knot" I'd call it on the left steer. Very center tread, about 4 inches long. You can see the approx. size of it marked in white paint in the attached pic. I jacked it up until I could just barely see daylight beneath, and if you turn it slow it will catch on this spot and stop it. Also, if you have 30 seconds to spare, watch the video. Inside sidewall has a little place in it as well, but is very slight. You'll have to wait until the tire gets spinning good and listen for the can to rattle. Changing shocks in the morning, but don't think it will change anything. What re the odds the little bit of blemish this tire has is my problem in your opinion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SbZnqBDY34&feature=g-upl

(photo.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments photo.jpg (17KB - 75 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)