AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can I get your opinion on this? (small rant)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

play in the dirt
Posted 3/30/2012 00:59 (#2312561)
Subject: Can I get your opinion on this? (small rant)

south central IOWA
http://www.youtube.com/user/iacattlemen/videos

The ICA is trying the You Tube thing of taking short videos of the bulls walking around to let you see them prior to the sale. I'll let you know now that we have bulls consigned to their sales but I don't want you to take this as advertising because that is not what I am getting at.

Maybe I'm looking into this all wrong but I feel they are doing a half a$$ job at these videos. The length of the video is fine but what I don't understand is why do they wait until 11pm the day before the sale to post some of the videos? Also, they only have videos of a small percentage of the bulls offered. Wouldn't it be better if they had a video of all the bulls offered?

Part of my problem is they mailed out the sale catalogs over a week ago with the information about the You Tube videos along with it being on their website. We have had 2 people contact us with one of them being out of state and the other not able to make it to the sale but would like to put a bid in on a bull and they both asked about the videos. I got from the conversation from the one party that if they could see a video of the bulls it would help in their decision on whether on not they would commit to the long drive.

The bulls have been at a feed yard all winter so it's not like it's convenient for us to go there and get videos and pictures.

I don't know if it really even matters to most and maybe because I am a seller my opinion is biased but I am also a buyer and I would kind of like to see a couple of videos of the bulls I'm interested in before I go to the sale (preferably not from my phone on the way to the sale also because they just uploaded them to You Tube***).

Am I wrong in thinking that if they do a half a$$ job it will yield poor results for everyone involved?

Thanks for listening and your opinions. Isn't there a saying about if you want something done right you need to do it yourself?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)