AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good Louisville trip, and now more precision/planting quesitons
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

west illini
Posted 2/19/2012 19:17 (#2238940)
Subject: Good Louisville trip, and now more precision/planting quesitons

IL
Had a good trip to the Big Show, learned alot, but now have more questions. Actually, I am interested more in feedback from experienced operators that have used Ag Leader and Precision Planting componants. We do not have any precision tools, except for the AL 2000 in the combine. I am in the learning position right now, trying to be able to make the best long term decision in a yr or 2, withougt alot of hardware upgrades. ( target is RTK, btw)

First, I am impressed with the absolute accuracy that PP is shooting for in putting in the seed in the ground. All feedback I am reading on their products gives them a 2 Thumbs Up. The one componant they are missing tho is auto guidance. This where the choice ( for me with no newer green equipment) is between Ag Leader and Trimble. A yr ago, Trimble was getting the edge, but with the outlook on the future products coming in a yr or 2, it looks like AL will be able to cover all aspects, including planter monitoring.

My question right now is, what is the consensus? Run 2 screens in the cab, one being the 20/20, and other the Ag Leader, or use PP componants that I like, only "watched" by the AL screen.? Only one would definately be cheaper, but it is the balancing act between the cheapest way and the best way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)