AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Roundup drift on farmstead trees? gonna die?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

rustndust
Posted 6/15/2011 23:19 (#1820753)
Subject: Roundup drift on farmstead trees? gonna die?

A neighbor hired an aerial sprayer to burndown his field before he planted it to soybeans...
My 20 acre homestead with trees bordering it sits on the side of his section...
Inside my tract I had new alfalfa coming..nearly ready to cut..
A week and a half to two weeks later EVERYTHING looks affected..pretty much the whole acreage..
Grass under the trees is dead....grass on the other side of the trees is dying....weeds are dying...thistle, wormwood sage, even canada thistle looks tough, like I wrote..looks like nearly the whole acreage is affected..even the lawn and hedges by the house...just like they sprayed right over it.
The weeds in his field are dead, ditches and fenclines surrounding it are smoked....whatever they used, it really worked.
I think it was a lot of roundup.....I have sprayed a quart of roundup on alfalfa TRYING to kill it...and it still survived....this alfalfa..even protected by tall weeds is smoked in places.
Primarily....I'm wondering if my trees (30 year old) are going to survive...leaves look cupped and yellow on a lot of them...
Will they come back next year...sure looks like its bad now...
Alfalfa I can reseed...the trees are awful dear to us out here in the Dakotas....
Anyone else experience this....and who might I contact to get an opinion?
The applicators are aware of the problem...and are sending in their insurance adjuster...hopefully soon.
I know accidents happen....and I used to be an aerial applicator myself, so I know the score a little.
Still, it seems pretty negligent....
Thanks in advance
Rustndust

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)