AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

rough night...anybody up that knows pigs?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

chadincolo
Posted 5/16/2011 05:15 (#1777491)
Subject: rough night...anybody up that knows pigs?

Lander, WY
My son's 4H gilt decided Sunday night would be a good time to have piglets (naturally...) First two no problem...pushed for almost two hours on third, talked to a guy around here that breeds show pigs, he recommended checking to see if the pig was turned or what...I did, it was belly up instead of belly down, he said need to get it out, so I worked tryed to turn, no go, she gave a good push and it came out belly up. About 1/2 hour later number four, so I figured in the clear, no problems...well, now it's 3 hours later, she's pushing (somewhat, I think she's exhausted) and nothing. Her vulva is swollen, afraid her birth canal may be too...anybody have advice? Cell phone is nine 7 2, ten sixteen if anybody is up and reads this, I'll be up.

I had talked to local vet earlier, he doesn't do pigs anymore (older gentleman, "retired" to small animals)...I guess if nothing changes in the next hour or so I'll call the vet from the nearby town, don't know if they do after hours calls, and hate to think what that will cost, but starting to get worried since she swelled...

Edited by chadincolo 5/16/2011 12:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)