AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Recovery from major medical procedure--What is your preference?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 4/9/2011 17:18 (#1716335)
Subject: Recovery from major medical procedure--What is your preference?

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

Our small family has recovered from several surgery's or procedures that leave a person limited to activity.  My daughter thinks my wife and I are weird, we want to crawl in a hole and recover, don't care for a lot of visitors.  We are impressed when someone cares enough to see how we are, but would rather not have long visits while we are recovering from being cut open or other disabilities procedures.

Daughter had a pulmonary embolism a couple of years ago, almost died, but is now completely recovered.  While she was in the hospital, she just couldn't have enough visitors, the more the better.  She loved to take advantage of all the attention her condition would warrant.

How do most of you feel about visitors?  Do you want them to hang around and visit, or would you rather just have a short stay and leave?  I realize it would be different if there was something that the visitor could help with, but wife and I feel some minor stress trying to entertain guests when on heavy medication for severe pain.

I wonder if we are weird, we appreciate the thoughts and concerns expressed by a visit, but do not crave it at a time like that.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)