AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

white 2-105 no heat - Help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

RBH
Posted 11/10/2009 20:41 (#919661)
Subject: white 2-105 no heat - Help

nw mb
When I bought my 2-105 it had no heat, due to a broken line to the heater core in the cab. After using it last winter with no heat I figured I would try and get it functional again if it was only a minor fix. I found the broken line and seen that the previous owner had a bolt as a stopper in the end connected to the water pump, the other end was left open. After blowing out the open line with air I put in splice and opened the butterfly valve on the pump. Fired it up and let er warm up. Still no heat... Neither the supply or return line warm up at all. Checked the heater control valve in the roof, it appears to work fine. It feels like there is no pressure in the lines either.

Couple things, When I removed the stopper bolt there was a bunch of sludge in the line but antifreeze did flow through it. I cleaned it out as best I could. And there is a minor kink in the line I fixed, it looks as if there would still be flow through the line.

Where do I go from here? Also my antifreeze is very 'muddy', like really cloudy. It is a mixture of purple and green stuff but shouldnt make it cloudy right? Its hard to see through when but tests for -40. I had no overheat issues during summer use.

Is there a simple way I could flush the system with say a 3000psi pressure washer? Would you recommend I do this?

Any help is greatly appreciated, as I got more cattle and expect to use the 105 quite a bit more this winter. Thanks

Edit: I should mention the tractor warms up fine, temp guage works and shows warm.

Edited by hofford 11/10/2009 20:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)