AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Should we plant the new "2" beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

MN Dave 2
Posted 10/12/2009 11:28 (#881780)
Subject: Should we plant the new "2" beans

As I'm sitting here watching it snow like crazy on my soybean crop, I got to wondering why we are even considering planting the new Monsanto "2" bean. Even assuming they yield 5 bu better (which seems to be a huge reach at least at this point) we are going to pay the seed company (monsanto) 60-75% of the extra income for this great new product. With all the extra bushels generated nation-worldwide, the supply of soybeans will be that much greater so instead of $9 beans we will have $6 beans??

It's kind of like the trucking industry where years ago we could only haul 72000#, then the gov brain wizards bumped the legal haul weights to 80000#. Now we haul more gross # for about the same gross $$$ as we did before. Now we have some far thinking people pushing to haul 91000# (with more expensive axles under truck) on our already beat to he-- roads. In the short term, I suppose the truckers with the extra axles will make more per load.... until everybody spends the $$$ for the extra axles.... and the rates will go down because we can do it so much cheaper now.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)