Lidar processing for Farm Works - Farm Works Trimble Farm Works Surface Lidar Maps

Classifieds Home
Previous / Next

Oct 11, 2018 10:50 AM (1967 views)
Fargo, ND

I can process Lidar elevation data and create a file that will load the field into your Farm Works Surface program for tile drainage design.

Lidar is a useful tool for preliminary tile design. Accuracy of Lidar data can depend on the condition of the field when the survey was done. The published accuracy of the RRV Lidar is 15cm or 6" vertical accuracy. One Lidar tile will have about 1,600,000 data points so processing includes merging, clipping, thinning and transforming data to make it useable. It will give you an excellent overall view of the field and the surrounding area if you want to include that area. I am working with the Lidar data in the Red River Valley of Minnesota and North Dakota but Lidar data is available for many areas of the US. I've also worked with the Illinois and Ohio lidar data.

What you give me: Location of the field. Range, Township and Section and field. Take a photo of the plat book and text it to my cell phone.

What you get from me: You will get the Farm Works file for you to load into your Farm Works Surface. You can then view the topographic map, watersheds, flow paths and contour lines. You can also layout tile lines or drainage ditches. Before you pay for this service I will send you a screenshot from Farm Works Surface to confirm that you would like the file sent to you.

Your cost: $0.50 to $1.00 per acre for each field with an $80 minimum. The price per acre is less for fields larger than 160 acres.

If you just want images of your field with watersheds, contours, etc. contact me for pricing.

I am looking into offering Google Earth files also as an optional service.

I have also loaded Lidar topo data into AMW software and OptiSurface.

For Sale
$80 USD
Dave Broten General Equipment & Supplies, Inc. dbroten@genequip.com 701 364-2oneone5. Contact me to get my cell number.

(Delete all cookies set by this site)