AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what happened to the science of 1+1=2 it go us to the moon and back
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Pvafarm
Posted 1/29/2021 08:26 (#8791119 - in reply to #8790921)
Subject: RE: what happened to the science of 1+1=2 it go us to the moon and back

Southeast WI
Well archie you are looking at a guy that's never not worked. Had some family help from parents and grandmother that paid for roughly half of college, paid for the rest by working and came out of 5 years of that with a few grand in my pocket. Have built a small farm operation and crop consulting business with my dear wife and work our butts off. Little family help and no family financing. Have had some "angels" give us a hand here and there when we broke equipment or some things and lately we've been on the giving end to complete that circle.

Raised 2 daughters with both in state colleges. Both have similar work ethics. One will be an ag teacher the other is enrolled in ag business. Sure there's a liberal bias to colleges but it's what you make of it and our daughters question that when it comes up. I could not have been successful without going on to school. Kids will be the same. I use our land grants info and folks all the time as most everyone else in their farm careers do. Depends how much they think about that.

That's how I've looked forward in my path through life. So far. I enjoyed "the old days" but always look forward to a new day. It's like turning a page in a book and YOU get to write that page.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)