AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strat-O-Span buildings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

necaseih
Posted 8/14/2011 23:44 (#1912695 - in reply to #1912661)
Subject: RE: Strat-O-Span buildings

SC Nebraska
Ours was 26ga metal. Ours was 16' sidewall as well, with a 30' door in the side and 24' in the end. Truss load ratings I don't remember off the top of my head, but I know we deemed the ratings to be adequate. The wood all seemed to be of decent quality, some warping. The main posts twisted a little too after they sat around a bit. I think we would have been fine on this if we would have gotten it up a little quicker and the materials didn't sit around as long as they did.

We put it up ourselves. We used a winch truck to lift the trusses and rented an all terrain lift and used that for the rest of the work. All told we maybe spent 10-14 total days on it, scattered over a few months. That was the biggest problem was trying to find the extra time to do it.

Overall we were happy with it and I can't think of any major drawbacks on it. I am sure someone that has the knowledge to do it better than us could have slapped it up a lot quicker, but we were figuring out as we went.

If you do go forward with it, make sure and take the time to make sure you are getting everything squared up to begin with, we took extra time to get this done, and didn't regret it.

We use it for machinery storage, so it fills the bill on that.

I will see if I can't look up the plans we had with ours in the next few days, I am out of town right now but I will do it as soon as I get home.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)