AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DIY: Add Camera to Greestar 2630 Display by Fabricating Your Own Video Plug
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JohnDeereAMS
Posted 4/19/2011 16:59 (#1733202 - in reply to #1732687)
Subject: RE: DIY: Add Camera to Greestar 2630 Display by Fabricating Your Own Video Plug

NE Illinois
Very nice work! I actually did the same thing a while back. Our dealer had a limited production build of the 2630 last fall. The video functionality was advertised with it but at that time Deere offered no wiring options to actually take advantage of it. If I was going to show this new display that boasts camera functionality to customers then I was going to have to fabricate my own harness to do so. I found the pin out just as you did and went to work. I actually overdid my harness because I was unaware that only one camera would work at that time. If I remember correctly, the other +signal pins are 16 and 21. Pin 14 is a common ground for each camera. I discovered that using any of the other +signal pins would provide input to the screen, however there is no way to scroll between inputs. Therefore, it makes sense that a software update will add the capability to use two additional cameras. One thing I did that I didn't notice you mentioning was powering up the cameras. My homemade harness included 6 wires in all. 3 positive signal wires for each camera, a common ground that went to pin 14, and two additional wires, a power and ground for the camera itself. I installed a plug on these two wires to plug into the convenience plug found in the newer Deere tractors. I also made two additional harnesses, one with a power strip plug, and one with a cigarette lighter plug for older tractors. Perhaps I didn't need to do any of this? Anyway, it did the job and I was able to demonstrate the camera functionality. If I had more time and patience I would probably make more because $100 seems a little expensive for a few feet of wire and some plug ends.

Anyway, nice job- your fabrication job looks very neat.

Edited by JohnDeereAMS 4/19/2011 21:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)