AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD4630 sprayer information and GPS choices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 1/9/2021 11:55 (#8736693 - in reply to #8735670)
Subject: RE: JD4630 sprayer information and GPS choices

Leesburg, Ohio
Not having had one, I cannot talk much about a 4630 sprayer. We had a 4730 for a few years, and now a 4830 for the last 5 years, and really like them. Have not had much trouble at all with either one...replaced a hydraulic hose or two where they rubbed on the frame or a brackets, and replaced a leveling valve one corner of the suspension. That's about it for almost ten years.

I can strongly recommend the Deere GPS equipment, and suggest that it would foolish not to use Deere technology on a Deere sprayer. They are made to work together, and I do not think you can even get a 30 series Deere sprayer to function without a 2630 screen in it, as that is where almost all of the sprayer settings are located. A 2600 will work, but those are getting older, so I would go with a 2630.

Section control and auto boom height controls are mandatory in my opinion. They work great, and make doing an accurate job of spraying very easy. The section control will pay for itself very quickly in chemical saved, as there is almost no overlap. It is almost impossible to run any sprayer manually as accurately and as consistently as you can with section control. You already have the cost of the screen to be able to run the sprayer. The cost of the receiver and section control will be paid back to you many times over the life of the sprayer. The auto-steer unlock is cheap once you have the rest of the system, and I would not consider spraying without it. Deere's basic SF1 correction signal will work just fine for spraying guidance unless you are running in corn rows and expect to not have to nudge it once in a while. We plant with RTK and spray with SF1 signal, and I can follow corn rows just fine on auto-steer.

Foam markers are a thing of the past...with section control, there is absolutely no need for foam. Our last three sprayers have had foam capability, but I have never used it once, never had any foam in the tank.

I have never seen a Deere sprayer without an eductor cone. You will use it at times, even if you mix on a nurse trailer or at home. Do not expect to carry chems up the ladder and dump into the product tank on the sprayer...it can be done, but it is unsafe and very tiring. Use the eductor. All my chems went thru the eductor for the first few years, until I set up a Handler mixing cone on the nurse trailer.

Edited by KDD 1/9/2021 11:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)