AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD4630 sprayer information and GPS choices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmboy99
Posted 1/9/2021 07:15 (#8735799 - in reply to #8735670)
Subject: RE: JD4630 sprayer information and GPS choices

SE South Dakota
I purchased a 1600 hour JD 4830 last winter, used it all of crop year 2020. So my suggestions/ advice come from using this machine.
You questions,
#1 we had to replace two of the boom actuators, the electric motor that turns on and off the flow to the boom sections. I also replaced the solution pump. ( couldn't keep up the pressure when driving faster speeds) The only other real problem we experienced was a leaky o ring on a plug in a hydraulic block under the cab. I was just replacing the o ring with one that seemed to be the correct size but eventually it would leak again. Found out later to replace with a new plug that comes with the correct o ring. Haven't done this yet but plan too.

#2 I wouldn't mess with a foam marker. Get set up for auto trac with section control on a JD 2630, JD 3000 receiver. I've never owned a 2600 so can't speak much about but they are getting old.

#3 Mine has the chemical inductor on the side. I have yet to use it. My inductor is on the semi-tender trailer. Works very well, imho.

# 4 I would not purchase floater tires. I bought a set of duals for the back wheels. It made a huge different when I took them off for in crop (growing) applications. With the duals the machine was much more stable. All I have to do to remove/mount is just two duals on/and off. Not eight tires/rims and the complete wheel on/ off. Very simple the way I'm doing it. My neighbor does the same with two sprayers.

Good luck, Jim J

Edited by farmboy99 1/9/2021 07:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)