AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lowry drive over pit
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jak farm
Posted 1/10/2021 11:05 (#8739309 - in reply to #8734404)
Subject: RE: Lowry drive over pit

North Cen. IA.
Put a 500bu. pit in and a 3500bu. 70' 10hp Leg up for wet side with 10" auger ,pit works good and did plug one time where auger got jammed tight and had to get air vac to empty but had 7.5 HP 3hp motor on it with phase converter to run it and didn't have good starting power went to a 10HP single ph and no problem now runs on same number off amps as 7.5 HP did.
Has water in it every fall and have to pump out and shop vac. but when in use no water in it .
Its probably had a million bu. through it and fliting is still good .
Was looking at putting up another leg and a pit to dump both truck hoppers at once or could be drying corn with one and have other to dump beans and let other one keep dryer going.
With my system the pit auger runs till amperage drops then switch shuts it of when dryer needs more corn the wet bin auger starts ,when pit is running it goes to dry and backs up the pimp them diverts in to wet bin in wet bin gets full shuts pit auger off wet leg never shuts off when dryer is running ,my wet bin is a 6500bu. 15' diameter 12 wide rings high, dryer does 700 bu to 1500 bu./hr 1500bu. dry leg on dry side 75' 5hp
Very glad I put pit in .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)