AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lowry drive over pit
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 1/9/2021 16:24 (#8737399 - in reply to #8734404)
Subject: RE: Lowry drive over pit

Leesburg, Ohio
Have a 250 bu Lowery Dumpit that we installed with our first leg in 2007. So far no problems in 14 seasons. It has a 14”auger and tube inside a 16” tube. Have never had water inside the pit, except one time when the rubber pit cover blew off in a big storm.
It now feeds either the original 4500 bu/hr leg, or the new 8000 bu/hr receiving leg.
We laid a 4” perforated plastic tile around the bottom of the hole when we installed the pit and covered that with gravel. The tile is connected to a vertical sump tube where we drop in a sump pump to lift water from the gravel bed below the pit (about 10’ deep) up to a field tile that exits through the side of the sump tube (about 3’ deep).
The pit was positioned on bricks resting on the gravel bed, then concrete was poured solid around the legs and lower slopes of the pit. Then gravel backfill around the vertical pit walls, then the 10” thick concrete driveway deck with rebar.
The grain elevator legs sit on top of the concrete deck at ground surface level. Makes then easy to clean out the boots.
We also have a chain drag type drive over pit in a 5’ basement at our soybean bins location. It works fine, but I really prefer the Lowery. I would love to add another Lowery beside our existing one so I could dump both hoppers of our semis at once. If I were doing our system over, I would use two Lowerys feeding one or both legs.

Edited by KDD 1/9/2021 16:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)