AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3" electric transfer pump
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 1/2/2021 09:02 (#8715774 - in reply to #8714609)
Subject: RE: 3" electric transfer pump

Leesburg, Ohio
I have a 2" poly Banjo pump with a 5hp electric motor in the spray barn fed by two 2" hoses from 2500 gallon poly tanks. The line from the pump to the nurse trailer tank is 3", and that seems to make a big difference in speed of fill...almost as fast as a complete 3" system without needing a 10 hp motor. The lines on the trailer going between the fill connection, tank, and the pump on the trailer are also 3". it is adapted down to 2" for a 2" Handler and fill lines to the sprayer.

I have a spot to pull up beside the spray barn with the nurse rig, and pull the sprayer across the back of the barn and nurse rig. I can plug in the 3" line to fill the trailer or the sprayer directly, or both.

I keep my chem totes that are currently in use on the nurse trailer, so I can mix either parked at the barn, or in the field, without having two sets of totes and pumps.

I changed from using 12v electric pumps on the totes, to using the suction venturi on the Handler to draw chems from the totes. I use 1" lines with cam locs to connect the totes to meters and valves mounted on the Handler. Then I can stand on the ground beside the trailer and see the meters and work the valves to do my mixing. I stand on the trailer beside the Handler and can reach jugs on a pallet to dump them in the Handler and agitate...the chem blade in the Handler really speeds up dumping and rinsing jugs, with much less splatter and mess.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)