AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3" electric transfer pump
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/2/2021 06:34 (#8715434 - in reply to #8714676)
Subject: RE: 3" electric transfer pump

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have been using a 2" electric pump in my "spray" shed for many years. Mine is a Monarch. I don't recall the size of the electric motor but it is 240 VAC Single Phase. This is the same pump Monarch uses with a gasoline engine. Both versions run direct drive. This means the electric version that I have runs at 1750 RPM. My gasoline versions can run faster and can pump a bit faster.

Speed is not an issue for me especially when mixing hot batches since sometimes, I have to stop filling to get in all the ingredients before the tank gets full anyway

I appreciate the fact that the electric pump always starts with the flip of the switch with no worries about running out of gas, old gas etc. I do all my mixing in the old shed. I have a large supply of water inside so no algae problems. I never need to haul pure chemicals to the field and all my recipes, measuring devices, batteries for the chemical totes etc. can stay in the shed. Our land is all within 6 miles of the shed so this is very workable for us.

Edited by tedbear 1/2/2021 06:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)