AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electrical selector switch question for electricians
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dozer
Posted 12/29/2020 15:34 (#8706129)
Subject: Electrical selector switch question for electricians

Southern Iowa

Electircal switch question for you electricians out there.....

I have a 3 phase drill press and I'd like to add a foot pedal reversing drum switch.  I used to run one set up just like this and it was very handy to be able to reverse when power tapping holes.
It was set up with a 2 positon selector switch.  One way the drill would operate normally just using the start stop button.
In the other position you pressed the "start" button but it would only run when the pedal was pressed in either forward or reverse.

One sort of safety issue with the way it was wired was that if you flipped the selector from the foot control position back to normal position, with the start/stop still in the "ON" position, the spindle would start.  Never caused a problem but everyone was aware it would start that way.

Anyway, can someone help me select a 2-positoin switch that would work for this application and give me some guideance on how I can wire it?
The motor is, 1 1/2 hp, 5 amp, 230v 3-ph
The reversing pedal I have has a wiring diagram so that's easy enough.  I'm guessing I can replace the junction box where power comes in with a switch enclosure but I'm a little fuzzy on exactly how it should be wired.

Edited by Dozer 12/29/2020 18:25

(101 (full).jpg)

(100 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 101 (full).jpg (223KB - 17 downloads)
Attachments 100 (full).jpg (207KB - 14 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)