AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Versatile tractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 12/29/2020 16:05 (#8706188 - in reply to #8706118)
Subject: RE: Versatile tractors

Jeffersonville, OH
Dirtpoor - 12/29/2020 16:26

Chris, what do you suggest for a autopilot system on the Versatiles. The 350 T4i that I bought has an Outback with a valve back on the rear fender support. I just despise this system after running it drilling wheat. I have had a trimble hyd. autopilot ran by a FMX (RTK) for years. Figured I would transfer the system over to the Versy. Just talked to a Tech that had just put a trimble auto pilot a 400 and he hoped to never do another. TIA, Dirt

We run some Raven, which is what the factory option is.

I have a few running Ag Leader Steer Command, very simple install, ties into the factory valve if it has it. Your 350 T4i should be mounted on the RH side of the frame, just in front of the hinge. Basically walk up into the RH side of the hinge, and look on the frame rail, it's there.

Trimble works ok on them as well, but I have seen more tuning involved with them too. Not sure why your Trimble guy would say that, other than tuning. We had a guy with a 550DT and Trimble implement guidance that they liked to pulled their hair out before they finally got it steering good. Same valve on a 375 and a Steer Command just plug, calibrate, and play.

Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)