AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Versatile tractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 12/29/2020 15:10 (#8706081 - in reply to #8706031)
Subject: RE: Versatile tractors

Jeffersonville, OH
Been a Versatile dealer since 2003.

As far as small frame vs big frame, that would depend on the job you want to do. A 430 weighted up to match the power, tires, and job requirements will act just the same as an older 435 weighted the same. Maybe the lugging ability of the older one with the 15L would be a bit better than the newer 12L in the 430, but I really don't think you would notice that a lot.

We sell about the same number of small frame as big, but we typically only sell 380's and 405's in the small frame, and then step up to the 520 in the big frame. Not sure why, other than people want the bigger one. I would honestly say most of my customers would be better served with a 460 on 620 or 650 rubber and some weights, than they would be with the 520 on 710's, and the tractor would handle a bit better in tighter spaces. But, the customer gets what they ask for.

Comparing it to your 9300, I think the small frame would be a nice upgrade over the Deere, and the power would be better than the Deere engine as well from what I have seen.
Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)