AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Texas Traffic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

TractorAddict
Posted 2/7/2019 10:12 (#7303300 - in reply to #7302991)
Subject: RE: Texas Traffic

West of Broken Bow
Kranch - 2/6/2019 20:17

Not sure of your trip plans.
Typically I35 E through Dallas is much worse. I35 W through Ft. Worth is not bad. If you are wanting to connect to I45 could head east, north of Dallas (Pilgrim Cotton Gin near Cooper) would be in the area or head east on south side of DFW at Hillsboro where I35 merges back together.

^^^Good suggestions.^^^

If you have time to go to west of DFW to Abilene, there’s a pretty decent steakhouse there called Lytle Land & Cattle Company. Mesquite fired/smoked steaks. I don’t know what kind of marinade they use, but it tastes great to me. The Mushrooms are out of this world fantastic. Good baked potatoes too. You can take 30 or 20 from Dallas or Fort Worth to get to Abilene. If traffic isn’t backed up it usually takes a couple hours to drive to Abilene.

Perini Ranch Steakhouse is good too, but more expensive and requires reservations. That’s just a little to the southwest in Buffalo Gap.

Further east of Dallas, as in east of and way past Rockwall and Fate, traffic will usually thin out nicely after rush hour. Especially once you get out of the construction zones on I-30. Much more peaceful in East TX. You can look on Airbnb.com and find all kinds of places to stay overnight on ranches and in cities too. There are a couple of Marinas on Lake Fork that have hotel rooms. You can exit off 30 at Sulphur Springs onto 154 and head south to Quitman. Not far after you get across the lake you’ll see the Minnow Bucket Marina on your right. They have a kitchen and menu inside. Hotel rooms also. There are some fancy places to eat around the lake, but I haven’t had time to sample those yet.

Edited by TractorAddict 2/7/2019 10:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)