AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else have epilepsy or seizures?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

promised land dreams
Posted 1/27/2019 15:52 (#7276737 - in reply to #7275150)
Subject: RE: Anyone else have epilepsy or seizures?

I had my 1st and only Dec 31 2003. 1st thing they asked was " had I been drinking". No I wasn't. It is generally a genetic thing I'm told, it will follow thru the family history. My family, a great great uncle back in early 1900s I believe, then my brother in about 1996 was the next one, then me.

As I said, only had 1, went off mess after a year or 2, Doc wouldn't give me a different kind and the side effects were scary. EEGs and MRIs at the time all negative, but it definitely was. Wife was 3 months pregnant with our 2nd and watched the Grand Malle Seizure. Changed her life forever too. Lost my car license for 3 months and commercial truck license for 5yrs. Had a black out in the fall while driving truck, going thru it all again, MRIs, heart monitors, sleep test, real mess.

Stress and lack of sleep are 2 of the biggest triggers to most people, certainly dont help me either. I'm kinda high stress kinda guy, I let the little things bother me, and I dont sleep well. Maybe 5 hrs on a good nite, and not all together either. I also have a history of head trauma and concussions, and those both lead to mental health issues as well, making the full circle to stress again. I try to keep 'mellowed out', but that's not always possible in these go go go times we live in.

I'm trying more and more the last bunch of years to not let life get ahead of me, it tuff, but hey I'm a work in progress I figure. Email is good if you wanna chat sometime, that's to anyone, we are all in this together.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)