AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wife's knee surgery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 1/26/2019 17:10 (#7274628 - in reply to #7274595)
Subject: RE: Wife's knee surgery

Ice, Ice, Ice and then more ice. I had two knees and a hip replaced. The knees are more difficult. She can't bend because she is swollen, so that is why she has to ice and don't forget to elevate. Now, there are two directions she can go. Most of the time they want you to push past the pain and work with the therapist and do it even though it hurts like hell. I tried that and all it did for me was cause more swelling and the therapist telling me he couldn't do anything else for me and that I would need a manipulation under anesthesia. I told them no and I went to get a second opinion from a local PT person. She said that it was too early and to give her a month. Well, it took two months and she did many different things to get my knee to finally bend to 120. My second knee, she was gone but went back to the same place and again, the more aggressive they were with my knee, the more it would swell. So that brings me to the second way to go, TIME, it takes time for the swelling to go down and your wife needs to give herself time to heal. Do gentle exercises and ice so often that you think you can't do it anymore. After the incision is healed, she should go to a pool and exercise. I did that with both of my knees. Does your wife like to go on the computer? If she does, have her join this site and she will have to register. Won't cost a thing, but there she can get many questions answers and will find out she isn't alone. Here is the site. Good luck

https://bonesmart.org/forum/view/knee-replacement-recovery-area.9/
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)