AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where can I get rid of some tools quickly?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

CASE3594
Posted 1/7/2019 17:00 (#7227413 - in reply to #7225794)
Subject: RE: Where can I get rid of some tools quickly?

Tuscola, IL
You'll use them more than you think you will. It gets really convenient to grab one and do something quickly. I find myself grabbing a cordless impact and socket to do things that would easily be done with a ratchet. But, the impact is really handy. Now, I've been in environments where I was doing equipment setup. There is no electric impact that will hold up to doing a few dozen 1-1/8" lock nuts. I'd have spent more time running back and forth for batteries, not to mention replacing electric impacts often because of overheating, than tightening lock nuts. Fasteners that size are hard on 1/2" air impacts. That's why I ended up buying a 3/4" Snap On. After a few tools, you could feel the 1/2" impact getting weak and loose. The 3/4" is much better suited for that. Now, not many people are setting up multiple new pieces of equipment for a month straight. But, there are still times I'll grab the 1/2" air over the 1/2" cordless. I don't have a 3/8" air impact and have thought about getting one in the past, but I haven't come across a situation where I felt a 3/8" air would've been more useful than the 3/8" cordless.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)