AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wind Farms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

rab1964
Posted 12/28/2018 10:10 (#7201549 - in reply to #7201060)
Subject: RE: Wind Farms

69roadrunner - 12/28/2018 07:25

They do change the water flow, they will put down a road were ever they want. Soil and Water would have us in jail if we did something like that. Kiss your tile system away. Everyone thinks it's only a little area for the tower won't be much damage. It's the connecting power cable from tower to tower that causes most of the damage. The walk of the 100,000 ton crane doesn't help much either. Without government 50% tax subsidy they would not be built. Also very inefficient way of transmitting electricity.

I'm certainly not in love with them but come on over. I will get you the tile maps we have on every farm they are on, you start digging and let me know where I should start kissing. As far as water flow, I haven't seen a problem on a couple thousand acres we have them on. We have roads going thru waterways working fine. Wherever connecting cables were ran here they came back and dug up tile and ran a section of pvc where they crossed. We have many acres of grid tiled, ranging from 30'-100' and all have been fixed that I am aware of. Again It was a PIA while they were constructed and for a year afterwards, and yes there are more efficient ways making power.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)